Some of the projects I have had the privilege of contributing to research, writing, or publishing / production thereof. For a complete listing of my historical and ongoing scholarship, please refer to my CV. Last updated May 2023.
- Kroon, Ariel and Christina De La Rocha, hosts. Solarpunk Presents. 2021-ongoing.
- (commission) Kroon, Ariel. “SURVIVING THE WILDS OF THE PANHANDLE: an expression of queer futurity in (spite of) the present world.” The Art Gallery, University of West Florida, 29 Sept. 2022.
- Kroon, Ariel “Living Beyond the End Times: An Argument for Queer Utopianism.” SFRA Review, vol. 51. no. 2, Spring 2021, sfrareview.org/2021/04/23/living-beyond-the-end-times-an-argument-for-queer-utopianism.
- Kroon, Ariel. “Moving Beyond Survival in Twentieth-Century Postapocalyptic Canadian Science Fiction 1948-1989.” Thesis. Department of English and Film Studies, University of Alberta, Sept. 2021.
- Kroon, Ariel. “Imagining Action in/Against the Anthropocene: Narrative Impasse and the Necessity of Alternatives to Effect Resistance.” The Goose, vol. 18, no. 1, article 2, 2019.
- Kroon, Ariel. “Reasonably Insane: Affect and Crake in Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake.” Canadian Literature: Emerging Scholars Issue, 226, Fall 2016, pp. 18-35.
- Kroon, Ariel. “Ariel Kroon on Science Fiction as Archive.” Just Powers, 23 Aug. 2018.
- “Shortcuts Live! Talking with Ariel Kroon, Nick Beauchesne, and Chelsea Miya.” Produced by Katherine McLeod. SpokenWeb Shortcuts, 20 Mar. 2023, https://spokenweb.ca/podcast/episodes/shortcuts-live-talking-with-ariel-kroon-nick-beauchesne-and-chelsea-miya/.
- “Academics on Air.” Produced by Ariel Kroon, Nick Beauchesne, and Chelsea Miya. The SpokenWeb Podcast, 2 May 2022, https://spokenweb.ca/podcast/episodes/academics-on-air/.